David Grimaldi co-authors two new papers: one describing new scale insects from Cretaceous and Eocene amber in American Museum Novitates (Click here), another on long-proboscid brachyceran flies from Cretaceous amber in Systematic Entomology. Click here for more information.
Another co-authored study by Sam Heads in Cretaceous Research on the striking preservation of detail of specimens from the Lower Cretaceous Crato Formation in Brazil. Click here for more information.
Sam Heads co-authors a new study on orthopteran evolution and diversification in Cladistics. Click here for more information.
Dena Smith and Jonathan Marcot have a new paper on the macroevolutionary history of beetles in the Proceedings of the Royal Society of London B. Click here for more information.
myFOSSIL Amateur Spotlight on David Kohls. Click here for more information.
New Paper from the Heads Lab (INHS) on Electrotettix attenboroughi. Click here for more information.
- Arillo, A., E. PeÑAlver, R. PÉRez-De La Fuente, X. DelclÒS, J. Criscione, P. M. Barden, M. L. Riccio, and D. A. Grimaldi. 2015. Long-proboscid brachyceran flies in Cretaceous amber (Diptera: Stratiomyomorpha: Zhangsolvidae). Systematic Entomology 40:242-267.
- Barling, N., D. M. Martill, S. W. Heads, and F. Gallien. 2015. High fidelity preservation of fossil insects from the Crato Formation (Lower Cretaceous) of Brazil. Cretaceous Research 52, Part B:605-622.
- Smith, D. M. and J. D. Marcot. 2015. The fossil record and macroevolutionary history of the beetles. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London B: Biological Sciences 282.
- Song, H., C. Amédégnato, M. M. Cigliano, L. Desutter-Grandcolas, S. W. Heads, Y. Huang, D. Otte, and M. F. Whiting. 2015. 300 million years of diversification: elucidating the patterns of orthopteran evolution based on comprehensive taxon and gene sampling. Cladistics:1-31.
- Vea, I. M. and D. A. Grimaldi. 2015. Diverse New Scale Insects (Hemiptera: Coccoidea) in Amber from the Cretaceous and Eocene with a Phylogenetic Framework for Fossil Coccoidea. American Museum Novitates:1-15.